- AMERICAN POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION – Vintage & Historic website. Includes the 2016 Schedule of Events.
- AMERICAN POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION – Historical stuff
- BOATS – Our Directory has 330+ VINTAGE hydros & flatbottoms. Most of the listings have Historical and/or Restoration pages & Media sheets to read.
- SEARCH – TVH & Phil Kuz websites
- MONTHLY CALENDARS – listing 2016 APBA VH events
- Phil Kunz Photography website
- PHOTO ALBUMS – Stop in If you want to browse through the 45 photo albums that folks have on the website (almost 2000 total photos posted)
- PHOTOS FROM A MOMENT – All the really great, special photos that graced the home page of TVH
- OFFICIAL RACE PROGRAMS plus other publications, reports & news articles
- HYDROPLANE PLANS – Do you wanna build your own inboard “vintage” hydro?
- RESTORATION – Great tips on restoring that hydro.
- RACING STORIES – from today
- RACING STORIES – from the past
- DIRECTORY – folks who made some of this history
- Where Are They Now?
- Past Events
- Vintage Racing Models
- GENERAL INFO about Vintage Hydroplanes
- MONTHLY CALENDARS from 2005 – 2015
- LINKS – to other cool websites
- NO ads splashed everywhere on TVH’s website? – You can THANK these great folks!
- Who’s the person who created & keeps TVH website going?
Yeah, I know it’s not vintage (wink, wink…send me some pics), but I am a HUGE fan of when folks dream up ideas and proceed to built a race hydroplane to see if those ideas will work. This E class hydro was spotted at some west coast races. No word was given to us on who’s design it is or how well it performed. My personal, non-engineer view of it is – not seeing a conventional tunnel (or air trap), but instead relies on “wings” between the sponsons and the boat to attain lift.
Interesting to say the least. Let us know if you know of any reports on it.
Doug Brow driving his Dad’s Miss Vitamilk H-10 at Black Lake. Doug found the boat in a warehouse in Seattle and had it restored.
Doug’s father Bill Brow was billed as the “World’s Fastest Milkman” and drove the Miss Burien, Miss Bardahl, Miss Exide and was killed in 1967 driving the Miss Budweiser in Tampa FL. Photo Credit: Julie Sparrowgrove
It’s been a while but we have a new WANTED POSTER over at Phil’s website.
Jim and Al Retif’s Miss Nehi racing team also based out of New Orleans. All of the Nehi’s were first class and very competitive. The naming of the hydros was not random. The Retif family owned the RC Bottling Company in Baton Rouge and the Nehi brand was one of the sodas bottled at their plant. I’m not sure if there was any sponsorship money involved but the Nehi brand sure got a lot of great exposure. Two great Louisiana race teams, both with a unique soda pop connection.
From Joey Nolan posting on Facebook
Nice write up on the recreation / build of this beautiful hydro.
Calendars are here.
Calendars are here.
The latest Issue of the UNJ is available on our website. The May issue is packed with stories and news, starting with a shakeup within the U-1 Miss Homestreet Bank/ Madison race team, We remember H1 Historian Fred Farley, Part 2 of our exclusive visit with hydro broadcaster Steve Montgomery, the Time Capsule takes you back 100, 75, 50, and 25 years ago, News from the Coeur d’Alene Silver Cup and the UAW-GM Spirit of Detroit Hydrofest, and the latest race team news in the HydroFile report.
You can always find the homepage for the NewsJournal, be sure and bookmark it in your favorites. The NewsJournal is always available 24/7 365 days a year, and all our content is free to everyone and available on your mobile devices. If you want to have a printed copy, go to the UNJ archives tab and look for the issue you would like to print out in a PDF format. The directions to follow to get a printed copy are on the archives page.
For breaking news in the world of the unlimiteds, watch our Unlimited NewsJournal facebook page and our website homepage.So far this spring has been interesting with a lot of developments for the upcoming season and we don’t think the changes are done yet. Watch the H1 Unlimited website at www.h1unlimited.com and their facebook page also.
Enjoy your spring everyone, racing is right around the corner.
The staff at the UNJ
SFI has issued a recall notice for Ruian Dragon racing safety harnesses. Stop using immediately. See recall letter in A.P.B.A. section.