- Community Center (New)
- American Power Boat Association – Vintage & Historic website. Includes their 2015 Schedule of Events.
- Historical webpages for the American Power Boat Association
- BOATS – This Directory has 333 VINTAGE hydros & flatbottoms. Many of the listings have – Historical and/or Restoration pages & Media sheets to read.
- Search TVH & Phil Kuz’s website
- 2015 Monthly Calendars listing APBA VH events
- Calendars by the month from 2005 – 2014
- Phil Kunz Photography website
- Past Events
- Vintage Racing Models
- Photo Albums – Stop in If you want to browse through the 45 photo albums that folks have on the website (almost 2000 total photos posted)
- Photo From A Moment – All the really great, special photos that graced the home page of TVH
- OFFICIAL RACE PROGRAMS plus other publications, reports & news articles
- Hydroplane Plans – Do you wanna build your own inboard “vintage” hydro?
- Restoration Articles – Great tips on restoring that hydro.
- Hydro Racing Stories – from today
- Hydro Racing Stories – from the past
- Directory of folks who made some of this history
- Where Are They Now?
- How come there is NO ads splashed everywhere on TVH’s website? – You can THANK these great folks!
- General Info about Vintage Hydroplanes
- The latest updates to The Vintage Hydroplanes
- Who’s the person who created & keeps TVH website going?
- Links to other cool websites
at least that is what the website stated:
1947 Norman-Lauterbach-designed Lyndora
Piloted by its builder Bob Roland, Lyndora had success in National 220 Class racing. It passed through several owners, was restored, shipped to Britain and appeared in the Brooks Summer Auction at Goodwood House in June 1993. Lyndora currently resides at the Classic Boat Museum, in Cowes, on the Isle of Wight.
Saturday’s weather was cold and rainy and only about 7 or 8 boats plus the APBA school boat getting some laps in before the rain came. Some boats left after Saturday’s testing and more hydros arrived on Sunday. The weather improved Sunday with sunshine and about 15 degrees warmer.
Overall, it was a very good weekend for both testing and a lot of new APBA school students getting their first chance to drive an inboard hydroplane.
These photos were taken as I walked through the pits on Sunday morning.
May through August posted.
Many thanks once again to Phil Kunz for sending in some photos to use for these calendars. I noticed that every photo used for the 2015 is HIS photo (even if I forgot to put a copyright image on them). Remember folks, I am ALWAYS looking for photos to post on these calendars. If it seems like I have been featuring all boats East of the Mississippi, that’s because nobody from the West Coast is sending me any and it sure would be nice to feature some West Coast Vintage hydroplanes.
2015 Bylaws & Helmet Requirements posted to the American Power Boat Association’s Vintage & Historic’s webpage.
This is always a good sign.
A new WANTED POSTER posted up on Phil Kunz’s website.
Harold L. Ruark, 93, formerly of Cambridge passed away with his family by his side Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at his home in Salisbury.
I am not sure if that is Mira Slovak or Norm Evans driving but they were the two who drove Miss Bardahl in 1958.
Ted Koopman photo at the 1958 Presidents Cup. Ted was a great photographer back at that time who shared his photos with the racers.
This photo & caption submitted from our good friend, Gary Todd. Gary has a great photo album on the website with over 200+ photos of his own photographic work. Surf in and check it out.